Returning to Skateboarding After the COVID-19 Lockdown
As many states begin lifting restrictions, USA Skateboarding recommends the following guidelines for all skateboarders returning to public and private skateparks across the United States.
As always, adhere to your local department of health guidelines for your city/state and refer to your state and local government’s current reopening guidelines.
- Maintain at least 6 feet between you and other skaters at the skatepark at all times
- Wear a face mask when in public
- Avoid touching obstacles with your hands
- Avoid touching your face at all times
- Avoid fist bumps, high fives, or hugging
- Do not share phones, equipment, food/drinks
- Use hand sanitizer before and after your session
- Skate by yourself, or with your family members or roommates from your household. It’s estimated that 35% of people with Covid-19 are asymptomatic, meaning they show no symptoms and can be spreading the disease without knowing they have it
- Do not congregate in groups while skating, or hang out at the skatepark if you’re not skating
- Avoid traveling to other cities / parks (stay local)
- Leave the skatepark immediately after your session is over so that others can skate safely