Current USA Skateboarding job opportunities will be posted here:
2/22/21: Operations Manager
REPORTING TO: Chief Executive Officer
POSITION LOCATION: Remote
SCOPE OF POSITION
Under the direction of the Chief Executive Officer, the Operations Manager provides office services and support in the areas of governance, finance, athlete safety, and general USA Skateboarding business activities. The Operations Manager will be a key liaison with the U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Committee (USOPC) and the U.S. Center for SafeSport for various areas of integration, most notably compliance and athlete safety, respectively.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with OPERATIONS MANAGER as the subject.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Assists with coordinating and managing governance policies, including bylaws, policies & procedures, financial policy, employee handbook, travel policy, records and retention policy, etc.
- Ensures the most recent versions of the organization’s governance documents, policies & procedures, form 990s, audited financial statements, board and various committee minutes are posted in a timely fashion to the NWBA website
- Ensures annual Conflict of Interest Disclosure forms are completed by the board, committees and staff members, and any conflicts disclosed and reviewed by the Ethics Committee
- Assist CEO with Board of Directors and committee meeting logistics, planning, and applicable elections
- Support onboarding and training for board and committee members
- Ensures organization’s incorporation and tax exemption are in good standing and complete all necessary reports on a timely basis
Finance / Reporting
- Supports CEO in preparation of annual budget, quarterly reporting and accounting operations including record keeping
- Completes and coordinates all USOPC reporting requirements, e.g. performance agreements, grant tracking and management, diversity reports, compliance documents, audits and ad hoc reporting
- Serve as primary point of contact with outsourced accounting firm
- Coordinates collection and preparation of financial and operations reports
- When necessary, supports accounting provider by processing payments (credit card, check) and document payments for accounting purposes
Anti-Doping / Safe Sport / Grievance Management
- Oversees and tracks grievance/complaint process and management, including referral to appropriate entities e.g. law enforcement, U.S. Center for SafeSport, U.S. Anti-Doping Agency, and the USOPC as necessary
- Oversees and ensures compliance with USOPC Athlete Safety Policy, including SafeSport and MAAPP
- Ensure necessary SafeSport education and training, as well as background checks, for all applicable individuals occurs in a timely manner
- Oversees and ensures compliance with USADA’s Registered Testing Pool (RTP) and Clean Athlete Program (CAP) requirements and coordination of education and training opportunities for athletes
Event / Member / Other Services and Support
- Supports member communication efforts, particularly related to governance, compliance and athlete safety
- Assist with USAS event planning
- Support ad hoc initiatives that are co-authored in partnership with USOPC
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required with an emphasis in Legal Studies, Accounting or Finance preferred
- 3 – 5 years of experience performing Legal, Policy or Accounting Duties
- Prior experience working with an Accounting Software and Content or Customer Relationship Management System
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced, lean environment, while achieving deliverables
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and ability to adjust messaging for different audiences
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Explorer, and Outlook
- Ability to successfully communicate to all levels of volunteers, staff, clients, and vendors using interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively as part of a team
- Ability to initiate, coordinate, and organize projects and tasks through to completion accurately and on time
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include weekends, evenings, and/or holidays
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee will be required to sit for extended periods of time (up to 4 hours at one time)
- The employee may be required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, lift, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl (up to 1 hour at one time).
Salary Range: Based on experience level.
All employment with USA Skateboarding is “at-will”. This means that it is indefinite and not for any specific period of time and it can be terminated by you or by the organization at any time, without advance notice or procedures, and for any or no particular reason or cause. It also means that the organization reserves the right to change, in its sole discretion, the terms and conditions of your employment including, but not limited to, your job duties, title, responsibilities, work location, reporting level, compensation and benefits, as well as the organization’s personnel policies and procedures. Although other terms and conditions of employment with the organization may change upon simple notice to you, the “at-will” nature of employment with the organization shall remain unchanged during your tenure as an employee of the organization, and can only be changed by an individualized written agreement, expressly contrary to at-will employment, that is signed by you and by the organization’s CEO.
USA Skateboarding is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to inclusion and a diverse workforce.